NOW RECRUITING: Public Health England Chief Nurse Directorate – The Nana Quawson Public Health Leadership award of up to £11,000
Are you a current registered health visitor or school nurse, professional leader or future leader for public health nurses working with children, young people and families? Would you like to take your career as a public health nurse (SCPHN, registered on part 3 NMC) to the next level and be supported to realize your true potential? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of children, young people and families through public health?
The Chief Nursing Directorate at PHE and the Florence Nightingale Foundation are offering a bespoke scholarship to an individual from a registered health visitor or school nurse background who wants to become a strong leader with the skills and self-confidence to contribute positively and make a tangible difference to the outcomes for children, young people and families.
Recipients of the PHE Chief Nursing Directorate - Nana Quawson Award for Public Health (CYP) Leadership Scholarship must be registered on part 3 of the NMC register.
This exciting scholarship enable you to undertake a bespoke programme geared to your individual needs based on current performance assessment. The scholarship has 4 broad aims:
- To develop and enhance the individual's public health leadership skills;
- To help define long term career objectives and maximise professional impact;
- To work on an individual public health improvement project related to children, young people and families linked with PHE's priorities;
- To undertake a work based placement within the Chief Nurse Directorate at PHE and to raise the profile of public health nurses.
This award remembers the dedication, passion and drive of Nana Quawson (1972-2016), a valued colleague and school nurse who sadly passed away last year.
How to apply
Please download an application form and then send your application by Thursday 30th November with all parts completed and required references and letter of support in Word format by email to The Foundation: email@example.com
- Please answer each question clearly and completely. This information will be used by the Foundation to assess your suitability for a scholarship.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- You must submit your letter of support with your application giving agreement to your study leave and the commitment of the required 10% employer contribution of £1,100.
- The scholarship must be completed within the timescale of the award. This includes submitting a final report to The Foundation.
We welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
A Public Health England application form can be downloaded from the link below.
Click to view. Right-click -> Save Target As... to download.